Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kolkata by Sealdah Rajdhani Express - Part II

May 06, 2009

When I woke up in the morning, we were entering Dhanbad Jn. The right time was 06:26am and we entered at 06:53 am, so we were again 30-minute behind schedule. I took some pics of the train at Dhanbad - an irresistible urge! As we left Dhanbad, I spotted some GMO WAP-7 and WAM-4. One WAP-7 was 30201 and the other was 30202. Both had original ABB logo on them. So these are the imported WAP-7's. Lucky me!



I spotted two WAM-4 #21325 and 20662.



I got my coffee and then I went for my usual morning ablutions. No! I just brushed my teeth because the toilets were stinking. Imagine! Stinking toilets in Rajdhani Express - the premier train of India. Are we sending the right message to foreign tourists?

We reached Asansol at 07:40am still running late. I took some pictures of Mr. P.Chakraborty (air conditioning incharge - B10) who had been quite helpful.



I was looking out of the other door of my coach when I spotted an AJNI WAG-9 #31090. Before I could take a picture, a RPF guy came and banged the door on my face. I understand the security reasons but why can't the cops in India be a little more polite and sensitive. I avoided a confrontation and went back to my berth. As we neared Durgapur, I saw WAG-7 #27041 and WAG-5 #24442 (a Palindrome loco).



We reached Durgapur at 08:15am (right time is 07:48am). Sniffer dogs boarded the Rajdhani here (beautiful yellow labs) and went from one coach to another. I then walked down with my sister to check out the Buffet car and went ahead to the First Class and then to the guard cabin.



We passed Bardhhaman Jn at 08:55am. I saw shared rakes with the 3017/3018 Ganadevta Express rakes being shared by 2821/2822 Dhauli Express. There was no much action at BWN except for EMU's going in and out. I saw the BWN-Hatia passenger with HWH WAP-4 #22772. There was a shunter parked close to the station - BWN #17365. After BWN, I got my breakfast of two breads, butter, Jam, Omlette without any salt, half-boiled carrots. This food was outrageously bad! I was hungry and so I had it.

Then I went and parked myself at the door but there were no action. I was waiting for the train to enter the Vivekanada Setu (after Bali Ghat Station) so that I could take a video and thankfully I was able to.



By the time, my coach was in the center of the bridge, the train picked speed and I had to move away from the door. The Sealdah Rajdhani was stopped at Dum Dum Outer where I saw a lone EMU and WAG-9 #31083.



Soon after, we crossed Narkeldanga Electric Trip shed on the outskirts of Sealdah where I saw a HWH WAP-4 #22509. Meanwhile, our WAP-7 had made up for the 30-minute delay and we entered Sealdah 5-minutes late at 10:20am. The moment I got off, I headed straight for the loco but the LP had unfortunately left by then. Somewhere on the way, our loco had hit a bird, which was stuck on the grills of the windshield - dead!!


The bird hit loco - WAP-7 #30236

I stepped out of the station and was greeted by a severely hot and humid weather. Kolkata - here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Pics dude ! and hell lotta detail , i even forgot my name , was it Kuntal or WAP7 ? dunno :D

    ReplyDelete